Monday, June 17, 2013

9W2WDX Kit Dipole Sandang (KIDANG)




After surfing the internet for some inspirations and to be a bit different I DIY this dipole traveller from TV rabbit antenna, connected to a Portable Digital SWR Meter and to my trusted Wouxun KG-UVD-1P.

Taking into consideration the advantages of a dipole compare to a monopole, I make it such a way it is a multi frequency antenna where we can tune it by lengthening and shortening the elements and testing the SWR to get the desire results. The length of the antenna can be calculated by this Dipole Calculator.

If I want to create a Yagi, I just connect a spare short pvc (with small side holes) in front of  the driver element , put in a director and put in the reflector at the horizontal  antenna holder, the length of these two subjected to the required frequency.

Just a simple idea,inspired from the internet, modified, enhanced and  localized and called KiDipole Sandang (Kidang)

For more of my activities, please visit kakipedal.blogspot.com and my simple dual band VHF/UHF project at www.instructables.com/Dual-Band-Antenna . Please click the favorite icon in the instructables website for your support to a Malaysian contributor. Tqvm

No comments:

Post a Comment